Prep Time 15 Minutes | Cook Time 20 Minutes
Calories Per Serving 275 | 10 g fat | 14g Protein | 39 g Carbs
Nutritional Bonus: Potassium, and Calcium
8 oz of whole wheat pizza dough
4oz Fig Spread
1 Glove of Garlic
11/2 cups of Wild Arugula
4 oz of prosciutto
4 oz of Goat Cheese
1/2 Red onion chopped
1 tbsp of black truffle oil (olive oil will do as well)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. On a floured surface, knead dough to flatten into a thin, flat round circle.
3. Spread fig spread generously to fully cover. Next layer in garlic, prosciutto, onion and the goat cheese.
4. Drizzle oil over the entire pizza and place in the over for 15-20 minutes until crust is browned and crisp. Serve immediately.
(Sourced from Eatingwell magazine)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 cups cooked whole-wheat couscous
1 cup chopped nectarine
1 cup mixed fresh berries, such as blueberries and raspberries
2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
1. Whisk oil, orange juice, vinegar, shallots, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Add cooked couscous, nectarines, berries and almonds; gently toss to combine.
Yields: four servings
Nutritional information: 267.5 calories per serving, approximately.
Nutritional Bonus: This nutritious salad combines peppery Arugula, a leafy green high in Vitamin C and Potassium, and sweet Lychee Berries, a super-fruit rich in antioxidants and vitamins, making for a delightful dish. If fresh lychees are not in season, canned lychees will work.
2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
Dash of freshly ground black pepper
4 cups baby arugula
4 cups gourmet salad greens
16 ounces lychee berries, peeled and pitted
1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken with parsley, tarragon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
2. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to a plate; cool to room temperature.
Peel the lychees, taking out their pits and cut them in to small cubes. Place them in a separate bowl.
3. Combine oil, vinegar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dash of pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
4. Combine arugula, greens, lychee berries, and onion in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over arugula mixture; toss well to coat. Place about 2 cups arugula mixture on each of 4 plates. Cut chicken breast halves crosswise into thin slices; top each serving evenly with chicken. Serve immediately.
Cook Time: 20 mins
420 calories| Total Fat 11g
Nutritional Bonus: Protein, Vitamin A and C
Healthy Tip: Try TJ’s low-fat mozzarella with just 45 calories and Arnold Sandwich Thins with 100 calories. Go shy on the olive oil for pesto and substitute with water to reach the desired consistency.
Cook Time: 20 mins
270 calories| Total Fat 17g , Cholesterol 3mg
Nutritional Bonus: Rich in essential vitamins and minerals, low in saturated fats