You’ve got your supply of Lichi and you are ready to hit the ground running. Now what? Take the Lichi 30-Day Challenge!
Consisting of a low-calorie diet plan, a fitness plan, and your Lichi Super Fruit family of products, the Lichi 30-Day Challenge will have you on your way to weight-loss success! Follow this 30-day plan and get in the best shape of your life.
- A flexible 1500 calorie-eating plan that works with your lifestyle
- An exercise plan that will help you burn calories and help you tone up
- Lichi Super Fruit to help enhance results and maintain them
- A successful weight-loss plan relies on two factors: eating healthy and working out
- To lose one pound, you need to burn off 3500 calories. While that figure seems awfully high, don’t worry! You can create this calorie deficiency by reducing your caloric intake and amping up your workouts. Here’s how.
First, take a look at your diet. What you put in your body has to provide essential nutrients and fuel your workout so put low-calorie, nutritious foods where your mouth is to get results.
|Foods to Avoid||Foods to Choose From|
|Soda (even diet!)
High-fat dairy products
White carbs like white rice, bread, and crackers
Processed, packaged, and fast foods* Many of these foods offer little or no nutritional value and are just fillers for “real” food.
|Fruits low in sugar
Leafy green vegetables
Gluten-free, complex carbs
Fish and Lean Meats rich in proteins* Your body needs a balance of protein, carbs, and fiber to run at its best. The most natural sources of these nutrients can be found in leafy green vegetables, fresh fruit, lean protein and natural healthy fats.
Let’s Take a closer look: Healthy Eating Sample Plan and Menu
1600 Healthy Eating Plan:
- Breakfast: 350 calories
- Lunch: 400 calories
- Dinner: 450 calories
- 2 Snacks: 150 calories, each
Because life can get crazy and even your best intentions can be thwarted, this Healthy Eating Plan can be modified to fit your lifestyle. Perhaps one week you have a big client dinner and you know that the Italian eatery won’t have light options. Simply eat a lighter breakfast and lunch to create more wiggle room in your calorie bank. Or maybe you like to enjoy a glass of red wine during the weekends. Cut out one snack option or reduce your dinner calories to make room for your beloved glass of wine.
To give you a brief visual of what your meals could look like, http://www.lichisuperfruit.com/wp-content/uploads/Lichi-Sample-Meal-Plan1.pdf created a Sample Week with calorie information. The best diet is a diverse diet, one that won’t leave you bored and unsatisfied. Filled with lean protein, healthy fats, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, our Lichi Diet Plan keeps you satisfied and full.
If you pay close attention, you will see that our daily caloric intake falls short of the recommended 1600. We do this to allow for room for any substitutions or to save up our calories and splurge on a tasty cocktail or cup of frozen yogurt at the end of the week. With a little flexibility and planning, your diet can be healthy, delicious, AND nutritious!
Now that your have your healthy eating habits and meal plan in place, it is time to look at your workout regimen. In order to lose one pound, you should aim to burn 500 calories every day. Any kind of physical activity from cleaning to gardening requires energy and your body will use reserved calories as fuel for your activities. Aim to get at least 45 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity four to five times a week to see maximum results. It seems like a lot but don’t let it intimidate you. There are lots of ways you can burn those calories off.
Here are some exercises that will help you reach that 500 calorie goal!
- Zumba: 60 minutes, 429.98 calories burned
- Running, 5pmh: 60 minutes, 529.20 calories burned
- Vinyasa Yoga: 75 minutes, 554 calories burned
- Spinning: 60 minutes, 760.72 calories burned
- Stairmaster: 60 minutes, 595.35 calories
- Jumping rope: 40 minutes, 529 calories burned
- Hiking: 90 minutes, 595.35 calories burned
- Boxing: 60 minutes, 595 calories burned
If you don’t have enough time in your day to workout steadily for an hour (and really, who does?), try to combine various exercises that equal 500 calories burned. Try these combinations:
- Vinyasa Yoga, 60 minutes + Walking, 20 minutes = 553 calories burned
- Elliptical, 35 minutes + Stairmaster, 20 minutes = 495 calories burned
- Hiking, 45 minutes + Jumping rope, 15 minutes = 495 calories
- Elliptical, 25 minutes + Boxing, 30 minutes = 509 calories
- Running, 30 minutes + Vinyasa Yoga, 20 minutes = 477 calories burned
- Tennis, 45 minutes + Playing With Your Dog, 30 minutes = 512 calories burned
*calories burned are for a 140lb-woman
We created a sample fitness routine for you, and hopefully it will help you plan out your workout regimen that fits your lifestyle.
Your weekly exercise total: 365 minutes!
Regardless of what you exercise routine you pick, it’s important to remember these tips:
1. Mix it up! To keep your energy levels high and boredom at bay, mix up your routines. You will be more likely to lose weight since your body won’t get used to any one activity and you will actually enjoy working out more!
2. Stretch it out. Whether its running or tennis, your muscles need to be warmed up before any routine. To prevent injury or soreness, stretch your major muscle groups like your hamstrings, calves, and back.
3. Rest when needed. Getting in shape is not a race! Don’t push yourself too hard or else you might injure yourself. Allow your body time to rest and recover if you are feeling sore.
4. Balance cardio with strength training. We love cardio but strength training is equally as important. You want to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. You will feel strong and rev your metabolism by implementing some form of weight lifting. Target your glutes, hamstrings, calves, arms, shoulders, and obliques to get a total-body circuit workout. Just be sure to start with small weights and alternate lifting days so your muscles have a chance to rest in between lifting routines. If you need help with machines or have a question about form, grab a gym trainer or do your homework online. Don’t forget to visit our Fitness section as well. We’ve got some great moves that will get you toned in no time!